What you didn't like?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What you didn't like?

Post by There'sOnly1TreeHill on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:15 am

I've noticed a lot of hatred about season two. What about it didn't you like?
There'sOnly1TreeHill
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What you didn't like?

Post by Patrick on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:17 am

I thought it was just really contrived and way to over-dramatic. The heart it had in S1 was lost and the season went way of course from what the show was supposed to be about. There were some good episodes, but those were only 2x01, 2x12, and the finale.
Patrick

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessa.k on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:19 am

Season two isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be, I do understand some reasons why some didn't like it much. Unlike most people I think the heart of the show was still there, but it was just hidden a lot of the time and you had to look deep down in the silver lining of the episodes to find it. It had some very strong episodes like 2x01, 2x04, 2x07, 2x09, and 2x12, and the finale, but other than those the rest were kind of weak.
vanessa.k
Writer!
Writer!

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LiamxRachel on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:21 am

The problem with S2 was that the things most people liked about S1 weren't in S2. Jake and Halle were basically non existent the entire season until the last few episodes, Riam will split up most of the time and would go episodes with out talking, Andie was so disjointed from everyone. There was 5 or 6 episodes where she wasn't in them AT ALL, the stalker storyline with Kate was dragged on and on, Dave and Andie were non exsistent...they interacted in like 3 episodes only out of 15, and the new characters were crappy.
LiamxRachel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ishipRake on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:22 am

I loved season two for the most part. Sure, there were some weak episode here and there, but every season will have some of those.
ishipRake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S1 Rox - S2 Sucks! on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:26 am

I didn't like it b/c there was nothing to like. The first big mistake of the season was jumping a head 4 months on the premiere from where the season one finale left off.....we didn't get to see any of the after math on the cliffhangers. The writing was so INCONSISTENT that it was horrible...sorry to David, but it's true. Jane was not mentioned at all and we never saw her until 2x15. Eric and Emily just randomly got shipped off screen after 2x08 and were never seen or spoken of again. Ms. Jacobs and Jake is the most contrived storyline I've ever seen on a sims series....it was way to much and way out of character Jake. Andie's my favorite character and she was gone almost the whole season, and when she was around she was either a prop or being cheated on or being kidnapped. Jake and Halle are the main characters AND main couple and had barely and interaction. All in all, the season was very weak, went for the shock factor and lost the heart of it all.
S1 Rox - S2 Sucks!
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DBST on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:25 pm

yeah, it did seem a bit soapy, like daytime television. Some things seemed like they just wouldn't happen IRL, but in the end david got everything on track.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDBST
DBST
Vice Admin/Writer
Vice Admin/Writer

Registration date : 2008-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EmoLiam on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:40 am

DBST wrote:yeah, it did seem a bit soapy, like daytime television. Some things seemed like they just wouldn't happen IRL, but in the end david got everything on track.

Well all shows get like that from time to time. as sad as it is. I think the main problem with S2 was inconsistent writing and a lot of back and fourth: one minute Jalle were breaking up, then fighting, then friends again, then cheating, then friends, then getting back together. Then there was the whole deal with Eric, Emily, and Jane...did David just forget they all existed? After 2x02 Eric and Emily stopped getting and focus and were just gone. Rachel and Liam were fighting all the time and both said things they didn't mean and it was just bad. Unlike most I liked Andie's storyline with Kate because 2x07 was so epic and beautiful that I was able to over look it.
EmoLiam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DBST on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:16 am

EmoLiam wrote:
DBST wrote:yeah, it did seem a bit soapy, like daytime television. Some things seemed like they just wouldn't happen IRL, but in the end david got everything on track.

Well all shows get like that from time to time. as sad as it is. I think the main problem with S2 was inconsistent writing and a lot of back and fourth: one minute Jalle were breaking up, then fighting, then friends again, then cheating, then friends, then getting back together. Then there was the whole deal with Eric, Emily, and Jane...did David just forget they all existed? After 2x02 Eric and Emily stopped getting and focus and were just gone. Rachel and Liam were fighting all the time and both said things they didn't mean and it was just bad. Unlike most I liked Andie's storyline with Kate because 2x07 was so epic and beautiful that I was able to over look it.

Yes, I call that "The rollercoaster complex"
And it's verry true that all shows get like that sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDBST
DBST
Vice Admin/Writer
Vice Admin/Writer

Registration date : 2008-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top