My View on the Dave/Jake/Halle Love Triangle

Go down

My View on the Dave/Jake/Halle Love Triangle

Post by Dom-4-Brooke on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:28 pm

I just know that the Dave/Halle/Jake love triangle is a big issue debated here and I wanted to give my opinion on it. I'm not really including Andie into this post to much because I think Andie was thrown in last minute to it to just make it more dramatic or something but idk.

In season one Jake and Halle were made out to be the "it" couple of arlbitr; they had the ever long friendship, they had the secret feelings for each other that they were hiding, and it was clear from the pilot that they wanted to be together, and no matter how much both of them denied it to other people they still wanted each other.

Obviously once they got together everything was happy and fine, but once Beth died things took a bad turn for their relationship; Halle began pushing Jake away and became very closed off to him.

Come the season two premiere (as shown through flashback) Beth's death was way to overwhelming for Halle and she needed some space from Jake. I don't care what people say, but Halle was justifiable in this situation. Jake was a being immature and childish and couldn't accept that Halle needed time and space and would come back to him when she ready. People go on about Jake and Halle being meant to be (and maybe they are I really don't know) but over the 4 months of time that Jalle were apart, Halle started letting go and wanted to try new things, and considering they are in high school there was nothing wrong with that. Jake made a move on her when she had clearly already moved on from him, and that pissed her off. This caused more strain on their already strained relationship/friendship.

Then comes along Dave to the rescue. I think that Dave is exactly what Halle needed; her Dad had just walked back into her life after years of silence, Jake and her were becoming estranged, Beth was dead, and she didn't know what to do. All of her other friends had problems of their own, so Dave being there for her was exactly what she needed. For a while, Dave was the only one she had. There was nothing wrong with this. They grew very close as friends and then eventually that friendship grew into something more. Dave was there for Halle, and she was there for him. I hate how sometimes people like to blow Dally off as a fling or whatever because what the two of them had went far beyond that. These two had an intense connection, and eventually they couldn't stop denying it, and therefore that resulted in the sneaking around. Yes, the sneaking around was incredibly wrong and caused many problems for everyone around them, but the fact they had to do it made their connection just that much deeper. People can try and pretend what they had was nothing, but they wouldn't have snuck around to be together if it wasn't something.

Now of course when the truth of the matter came out about them they had to brush everything under the rug and just push it away, but no matter what, what they have is still there. When you have a relationship and connection THAT intense, it doesn't just go away over night. That just doesn't happen.

Now coming back to Jalle and Dandy: Yes, I do believe Halle wants to be with Jake. She's worked hard to get back into his good graces, but I think that task was pretty easy for her. As for Andie and Dave, I truly thinks he wants to be with her in a sense, but I think he is just settling for her right now. After everything her put her through with Halle and all that happened to her with Kate, I feel like he thinks he's obligated to her in away. Like if Andie wasn't around he would want to be with Halle, but for the sake of everyone else he can't be and is settling with Andie right now.

This is just my view on the whole love triangle/square. What is you're view on it?
Dom-4-Brooke
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My View on the Dave/Jake/Halle Love Triangle

Post by vanessa.k on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:35 pm

The whole love triangle/square is so messy because it involves 4 characters out of the core 6.

I'm not as invested into this triangle/square thing because my favorite characters and couple are Rachel and Liam. Thank God they were drawn into all this messy fiasco.

When it comes down to which couple or pairing I supported in this though, it was Dave and Halle.

What the two of them did was so wrong on so many levels, but the two of them had this beautifully written build up and it was just hard not to like them.

When it comes down to the current situation though I do think Halle wants to be with Jake and Dave wants to be with Andie. They wouldn't have tried so hard to get back with the other people if they didn't want to be.
vanessa.k
Writer!
Writer!

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica*oth on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:39 pm

This triangle square mess was a lame attempt to get many fans onto the Dally train, and for many of the arlbitr fanbase it worked, but it didn't with me.

At the start of the season I enjoyed Dave and Halle and genuinely wanted them together sooooo bad. Halle wasn't with Jake and Dave wasn't with Andie yet, so them getting together wouldn't have been a problem.

However, the problem I had with them was when Dave got with Andie and then went and shoved his tongue down Halle's throat. He shouldn't have gotten back together with her, and Jalle should have told Jake they were getting together instead of hiding and sneaking around. Jake finding out from the window of his room just made everything so much worse.

So again, I had no problem with Dally, but it's the cheating/sneaking around/deception that I had a problem with.

If the two of them every get together again (whicch i'm sure they will) it needs to be done in a way where cheating and sneaking around is not involved.
Jessica*oth
Forum Member
Forum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jess. on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 pm

why do people constantly blame dave and halle for sneaking around and cheating? what were they supposed to do? go up to jake and andie and so oh we love yall, but we just made out yesterday and thought yall would like to know?

seriously?? how would that have made anything better? dally snuck around because they both knew it was the only way that they could be together. there's nothing wrong with that.
jess.
Muted
Muted

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom-4-Brooke on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:11 pm

I just kinda rewatched season two and it bothers me how Andie got put in there to make it more dramatic. Like I loved how the triangle was two brothers pining over the same girl cuz that aspect was interesting, but adding Andie in to make it a square just ruined it. Andie didn't need to be involved.
Dom-4-Brooke
Forum Member
Forum Member

Registration date : 2008-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dawni3 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:17 pm

This whole storyline just proved the indiscretion of Dave's character. I would say the same for Halle, but it didn't with her. Halle was sort of taken advantage here in this situation.

Ever since S1 was saw that Dave was a perv and just the kind of guy that didn't give a rats ass about other peoples feelings. However, Halle being in a sad depressed mood over Beth, her Dad, Jake, and everything else, she let her defenses down with him and let him in and that's why I don't like what he did. He caught her while she was at her most vulnerable and then of course that led to the cheating and sneaking around.

Then add Andie into the mix...the girl had just been freaking kidnapped by a lunatic and she gets back, Dave gets back together with her, and then right after that goes and starts making out with Halle. His descion making made no sense to me here. He knew he had feelings for Halle and still got back with Andie anyways. This again proves he doesn't take peoples feelings into account when he does things. He only thinks for himself and looks out for himself. He drug everyone down with his actions. Jake, Andie, and even Halle.
dawni3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeyP on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:07 pm

this triangle/square mess is what makes the series so fun to watch for me lol

i think it's tricky b/c what it comes down to is youve got 2 bros who are in love with the same girl, and then one of those bros also has love for that said girls best friend and she loves him, and then it just gets hella complicated from there.

at the end of the day, halle has ALL of the power in this triangle square mess. she holds the power that none of the others do. she ultimately has to be the one at some point to fully listen to her heart and be honest with herself on who she has love FOR and who she's IN love WITH. and then of course just no sneaking around and lying about it.

its just my thoughts that halle does love jake, but isn't in love with him. maybe at one point she was, but since dave, hell no. with dave i think its the same thing, maybe before hal he was in love with andie, but now i think they're both just with them out of guilt to fix what they screwed up by hurting them with the cheating and lying
MikeyP
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the.swiss.cheese on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 am

Whoa whoa whoa! Lots of dally fans be up in here sharing a long spat but here comes the jalle fan to put you all in your place! Laughing seriously tho heres how it is, let me break this down

yeah, dave & halle had a thing for each other, aint no denying that, but i think if you really look at the core of the whole fiasco then you see what's really there in the background of it all. look back at first season! it seems as if dave, halle, and jake all grew up together but jake and hal always had a thing for one another, then rachel comes along and that was the FIRST girl hal saw jake with, and it sparked in side of her what she felt for jake all along, therefore rachel was a CATALYST for jake and hal's coming together. then bullshit happened and they broke up. it takes time apart and growth for a relationship to strengthen. jake in his grief and clouded state of mind from it found comfort though ms jacobs (as discusting as it was) and hal found comfort through dave, but what was behind all of it was jake and hal's pain. so once again here we have a CATALYST! jacobs and dave aren't what broke jalle down, they already were, but they were the catalyst yet again to bring out their issues and bring them back together again. so see that's the biggest thing of hal and dave, yeah, they had something no doubt about it but they served as a stepping stone for jalle's over all story. just my opinion of course but that's the way i saw it
the.swiss.cheese
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 am

Dom-4-Brooke wrote:I just kinda rewatched season two and it bothers me how Andie got put in there to make it more dramatic. Like I loved how the triangle was two brothers pining over the same girl cuz that aspect was interesting, but adding Andie in to make it a square just ruined it. Andie didn't need to be involved.

So glad that someone else mentioned this. I love her and all, but the triangle was already building up before Dandy got back together, and then that had to happen Rolling Eyes there was already enough juice to the story as was.

Anywho! Razz I was a pretty big fan of Dally's love...that's what I liked to call it, how catchy huh? "Dally's Love" that should be like the next spin off Laughing but I think they were so great because kinda like Riam, no one saw them coming. They were these two characters that had a lot of differences, but at the same time were way more similar on the inside than anyone would have ever thought. They showed each other parts of themselves they didn't show anyone else, and unlike Jalle, they didn't need the sex aspect of it for that to happen. There's was more emotional and spiritual I felt like. Jake and Halle had always been the best friends and then Dave was just always on the side lines as the "other brother." He had Andie and did his own thing, but finally once Andie's out of the picture for a bit and Jalle have gone their seperate ways that gives Dave an in. I think he always saw Hal as Jake's "property" so to speak...his reaction to Jake in their 2x07 scene is the perfect example of this. The tutoring allowed Dally to grow a really close friendship as they were both getting over their significant others while dealing with other things as well, and that eventually turned into a beautiful romance. Since Dave is clearly more open with those kinda feelings and taking risks, he made the first move as it should be. Halle being apprehensive obviously then gives in and that's why the sneaking around continued because she realized she did have feeling for him, 2x10 showed this crystal clear. Then comes them mending things with Andie and Jake which caused them to have to put things on hold and go their seperate ways.

Scene likes 2x14, 3x05, and 3x08 are mile stones for them as they so clearly show how much passion they have for each other, but have to avoid for the others around them that they hurt. Contrary to what some may think with them sneaking around and what not, this actually shows just how selfless they really are.

Sooner rather than later I'd love to see their spark to light on fire again, just with out the lying and sneaking around.
Tori
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:09 am

Okay, just a pre-warning, I am a fan of all couples, I come in peace Laughing
* I'm kinda like everyone else that I don't include Andie into this posting, going to focus more on the Halle-Dave/Jake-Halle aspects of the story.

This really is a beautiful, dramatic, well written story. Yes, it's had it's contrived parts like any other on a series, but it's real and raw. What it comes down to is we've got two boys, who happen to be brothers on top of that, who have love for the same girl. That's bound to be pretty complicated and makes for some emotional rollercoasters and some bad decision making at some points.

At the end of the day like Mikey pointed out, Halle is at the center of this whole shabang! She is the one that has these two boys who love her, but what makes it more crazy is she loves them both too. Why else would Halle feel torn and drawn to go back to Jake after the sneaking around, but yet still have scenes like 3x05 and 3x08 with Dave still showing there's a connection there? I think Halle never had bad intentions, neither did Dave. Something like this is of a nature that isn't planned, it wasn't foreseen, it just occured, as does everything in life. However, they still made the decisions to not be upfront with everyone as the romance continued. That's where Dally's problem came into play, but the fact they HAD to cheat and lie to be together show's how much love they really do have for each other, which is so much more than just a fling or a rebound. If Dally are anything, they're anything BUT a rebound or fling. Just putting that out there. Then there's Jake-Halle. These two have been best friends since childhood, and have built such a delicate and special bond with one another. Even with a lot of the dysfunction that exsists with in it, they do always come back to each other because...wait for it...."It will always be there," as they're catch phrase so vividly says. Through a lot of their bull shit in life, they are what the other one has always known, therefore they always want to come back to what is familiar to them, and like Dally's down fall is the lying and cheating, Jalle's is not stepping out of the unknown and sort of using each other to fall back on as a safe harbor and comfort zone so to speak. Nothing wrong with that to an extent, but they get their validation from each other instead of from the internal source, which would be their self.

So both pairings have they're beautiful qualities and they're dysfunctional qualities, which is what makes both so likable. I've always seen Jalle as the kinda Dawson and Joey ever long friendship with the hidden feelings kinda love, and then Dally's as the forbidden romance kinda relationship. Both very fun to watch Smile
Patrick

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MozillaChuckle on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:13 am

It's really beautiful to see how passionate you've all been (users from the past and current,) who have taken the time to watch and post your opinions on which side of the train tracks you routed for in terms of who Halle should end up with. The Jally and Dally dynamic was a big part of the show. Gonna just insert my logic and thought processes here on what I interrupted the 'love square' as being in the ways I incorporated it into the world of Cape Side for the sims we've come to love.

The story really began with the 'it will always be there" theme for the Pilot, in a situation that actually mimicked a very similar relationship I had in my early teens. Jake and Halle essentially were me and that relationship, which made it so personal to write for. The up's and down's of life came, and even through that, brought Halle and Jake back together in Season 3. This happens in real life, as circumstances tear apart what once was working. However, the same remained true in the end that there was another love in Halle's heart, although it wasn't that which split her and Jake up in the end.

Dave, from the beginning of the series, was always interested in Halle, but never thought he had a shot due to her love for Jake, and Jake's love for her. In Season 2, he saw a rare opportunity and took it. He even grows angry as a catalyst in 2x09 for their coming together for the mere fact that clearly something needed to change. He knew something more was there, but there was a fear of the unknown there that had them both scared to cross that edge. This relationship mirrored another similar relationship of mine at the time. It seems my personal affairs always made they're way into the scripts somehow.

Andie's addition into the mix was a last minute add, as I felt it really intensified the volatile emotions being displayed here. We're talking two best friends, two brothers, and with Halle in the middle of the whole act. It seems most of you all really did get what I was trying to capture. Halle held center stage, and it all came down to her making a choice, which in the finale we see a very matured Andie trying to bring her to that place of being honest with herself about who she loves and who she's in love with.

Once the fan began flaming the fire of Dally's heart in season 2, I knew it was an endgame choice from there on out as soon as I began writing those scripts. It was never intended as a fling, but held a deeper space than that. That, however, will never undermine the Dandy and Jalle relationships, as they were all cornerstones and mile markers for significant points of the whole plot I was weaving together here in ARLBITR.

Nathan and Haley - Opposites Attract
MozillaChuckle
Administrator
Administrator

Couple: : Root Admin
Registration date : 2006-09-16

View user profile http://mozillachuckle.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down