3x07: Discussion Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3x07: Discussion Thread!

Post by Liz on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:24 am

Discuss the episode here!

Review time!

3x07: "You Can't Run Forever"

Quick Summary: This episode had a lot to do with bringing back some old characters that we haven't seen in a while, while introducing a new character as well. Basically the episode starts out with Halle going to find Stella, which she does and they end up bonding over the fact that they share the passion of screenwriting. Jake goes to school (it appears he's going to his film class), and he's approached by Ms. Jacobs. At first he argues with her a little, but by the end of the episode he's forgiven her and they agree to be on a teacher and student relationship only. The big was at a park Andie is approached by a boy named Daniel, who apparently she dated when she lived in New York. Didn't see that one coming. Eric and Jane spend the day together as they're relationship continues to blossom. Dave is working at the club and has Lizzy coming to him for advice over her short lived relationship with Cody, and they somehow get to the topic of Halle and Dave's previous romance. Rachel and Liam spend the day with Grams...it's about time she came back! And by the end of the episode we got the steamiest Riam sex scene yet, and we finally saw Halle's Dad again as Hal lied about going to see Stella. It's safe to say it was a pretty jam packed episode with a lot going on.

Plot Progression: this episode clearly had A LOT going on! The storylines all flowed together pretty well. A lot was progressing, obviously. The biggest progressor would be the Andie and Daniel storyline as they started kissing. This will probably have a dramatic effect on her relationship with Dave. Everything else was tame for the most part. Stella and Halle were getting along and finding common ground, Eric and Jane's relationship is finally going somewhere for the first time in 3 seasons, the Jake and Ms. Jacobs thing I'm guessing will go somewhere...there has to be more to why she really came back.

Character Interaction: Everyone was a little segregated in this episode and kind of paired off with someone, but that was understandable considering it was needed for the storyline progressions. I thought having Dave and Lizzy interacting was nice...they're scenes are always fun to watch. I loved Riam with Grams, but I wasn't liking Andie and Daniel so much. It was also nice seeing Halle interact with her Dad.

Over all: Over all, great episode. I'm excited to see how all of these storylines unfold in the next episode.
Liz
Interviewer
Interviewer

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-11-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x07: Discussion Thread!

Post by Samia on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:33 am

Wow...big episode much? HAHA. Um where to start...

Rachel, Liam, and Grams: I LOVE the whole little family dynamic that they had going on with them. I think Rachel and Liam sometimes aren't as opposite as they think. They're personalities were when they first met, but when you think about it, they had the same kind of upbringing because it appears they both had parents who weren't always around when they were kids as they discussed in their bed scene. So having Grams there with them was nice to really establish they're family bond. I REALLYYYY loved the Grams and Rachel scene in the kitchen, though.

Jake and Ms. Jacobs: I loved Jake's initial reaction by snapping at her because she screwed him up in a way. Yes, he did choose to sleep with her, but she kind of forced it upon him which was almost rape in a way. She was just acting too nice compared to how she acted last season, though. There has to be more to it than she's admitting.

Dave and Lizzy, and the Dave and Halle relationship being brought up: First off, I freaking love Lizzy! She's so outspoken and I love that about her. The topic of Dave and Halle this season is kind of like the big elephant in the room in a way. Everyone just kinda brushed it under the rug and pretended like it didn't happen, but Lizzy's the first person to kind of bring it up and to get it out in the open...I LOVED that. It's about time someone did. Again, this episode was subtly foreshadowing Dally again when Lizzy said feelings were still there, it panned over Dave's face looking somewhat distraught.

Halle and Stella: They really needed that time to talk, and it was assumed they spent the whole day together. I'm just wondering if Stella really will come to Cape Side.

Halle and Robert:...so Halle lied to Robert? A little confused on that. I guess he doesn't want Halle around Stella?
Samia
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndieluvsDave on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:35 am

I gotta say im getting pretty tired of andie and dave being screwed with. i swear, the dandy fanbase has it the hardest of any ship on the series.

in season one, jake opens his big ass mouth to jane and gets dave and andy split for having sex. in season two, they break up because dave was cheating with andie's BEST FRIEND, halle. and NOW, andie is cheating on dave with this guy she was with in new york two effing years ago. i mean, i guess she didnt cheat...he kinda kissed her...idk. i can see where andie is coming from, but i just know this will have to break them up. why cant this couple just be together and happy for change?
AndieluvsDave
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LiamxRachel on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:42 am

what a good episode! I really liked it! It finally looks like some drama is coming our way because a lot seemed to be building up in this episode here.

- andie and daniel: I think this storyline has potential and many ways. Andie is the only character out of the core six that's never really screwed up before and she's that one who tries to find the good in everyone, so seeing her in this position where she has to be the one to make some tough choices is interesting to watch I think. I mean, put yourself in her shoes. Shes with Dave, a boy she loves, but lets face it, he's put her through hell and back. Then, she has this boy she was in love with in new york who never did anything to hurt her, and he suddenly walks back into her life when she just got back together with the boy who hurt her and she's just now beginning to trust him again, so she's obviously gonna be a little emotionally torn up and her decision making will be a little flawed, so thats why i can over look the kiss. its a sticky situation, i just wanna see how dave will react, or if he will find out at all

lizzy and dave: theyre scene as light hearted and are easy to enjoy. seems interesting that all these dave and halle mentions are starting to surface though.

g~~~~grams!~ I love me some grams. great to have her back.

stella, not to fond of this storyline, but atleast halle's getting a family unit again.

RIAM WERE HOT AS HELL IN THAT LAST SCENE!
LiamxRachel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica*oth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:46 am

Humm...no Jalle scenes, AGAIN. Second episode in a row.

Im just irritated because I wanted to see Jake and Halle talk about their first time together, and it looks like we're never going to get that now or something.

- I'm a little scared now that Ms. Jacobs is back kind of. Now that Jalle are together and Jake DID loose his virginity to this woman, and we saw Halle was insecure about that in 3x05, this could be a bad mix if Halle finds out she's back in town.

- The dave and halle mentions were stupid. Dave talks about it as if they had some epic relationship, when really they just snuck around and made out. Thats all.

Roberts back! yay!

Rachel is so...different now. I liked her season one fisty side better. I like lizzy tho, but she needs to stop being dally supporter.
Jessica*oth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top