NEW David interview on S3/Series Finale!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW David interview on S3/Series Finale!

Post by Liz on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 am

1) Why did ARLBITR go on break for a year?
-It wasn't even intended as a break at first. I just got busy with other things and eventually it had been months and months before I knew it and I just decided I'd stop with doing it all together. it's back now though which is the important part Smile

2) What can we expect in the last 6 episodes?
- Conclusion and closure are the best words that come to mind. I really have just gone into writing the last 6 episodes with a mind set that has the series best interests at heart, and making sure the heart of the series is at the center of everything...really focusing on the core values of what made ARLBITR so likable to those who have enjoyed it to begin with, and what made it enjoyable for myself even. There are some twists as well that a lot of people probably won't see coming, but that's what keeps it entertaining, right?

3) What did you mean when you said the series has reached a peaking point this season?
- Well obviously the 1st season was the beginning, so it's hard to reach a stories full potential in it's beginning, which actually can be the case with some...there's some books that never have a 2nd novel and some movies that don't have a 2nd film and some series that don't go past a 1st season, because in some cases they do reach their full potentials with just one chapter. However, with ARLBITR, that wasn't the case. 1st season planted the roots for the series and showed who these characters are at their core and the true essence of what the values are to this series. The 2nd season grew upon that and expanded it a lot, taking the characters/relationships and situations to some places they'd never been giving them all a chance to grow, change, and learn from it all. The 3rd season thus far has been a lot about giving that message of "you have to go there to come back" and restoring some of the qualities that were lost along the way in the journey. Family units was always a core value to the series and that was restored this season a lot, and will be even more so than ever in the last 6 episodes. This season gives what people have all liked so much about the series and then some Razz so because of that the series finally has reached it's ultimate peak this season in my opinion, and even if I did have time to do a 4th and 5th season like I originally planned, I wouldn't want to, it's ending at a great place this season and I wouldn't want to ruin it after building it up so much. Never over stay your welcome as I like to say tongue

4) Even with 6 more episodes still to go, what's been your favorite season?
- S3 for sure. I was very new to filming and working with the sims and what not during 1st season, and even though the learning process was so much fun, it was still a head ache a lot of the time Mad S2 was great working on and story wise, but there's just been something about S3. I've loved the stories I've been getting to tell with it and the places I've been able to take the characters story wise this season was just a lot of fun to work with. Being at S3 you can kinda take a lot more risks and get away with it, like the Andie and Daniel storyline for example, the risks this season were all worth it.

5) What kind of ending do you have planned for the series? Any surprises? Happy ending? Bitter sweat ending?
- With out wanting to give too much away, I think it will be mind blowing. I know it is a sims series, but for those who have been dedicated to it, those ones will defiantly want the pop corn and tissue boxes out for this series finale. I actually haven't even written it yet, but I do know what's going to take place and the tone I have in mind for it is defiantly going to be a big mix of a wide range of emotions. There's gonna be some big twists and turns in there that are gonna leave people on the edge of their seats, there's gonna be those throw back moments that take you back to the very beginning, there's gonna be the tear jerkers, there's gonna be the comical moments that make you laugh till you piss yourself, and most of all there will be a lot of joy in it. I'm really planning it in a way that everyone should be more than happy with this ending. Obviously those who love every aspect of the series will be in love with it, but even though who are into a certain couple or a character or what not I think will all get a lot out of it. I'm very excited for it myself.

6) Will all of the current couples still be together?
- Nope, they will not. Out of all the couples currently together, only 2 of them will be. And I think a lot of people will be VERY surprised at who the 2 standing couples will be.

7) If there had been a 4th or 5th season would the rest of season 3 panned out differently?
- Most defiantly so. I actually had already written the rest of the season 3 before I got out of simming there for a year, and I'm actually very glad I changed up a lot of what I had planned because I realized coming back to those scripts a year later that I wasn't happy with them at all.
Liz
Interviewer
Interviewer

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-11-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW David interview on S3/Series Finale!

Post by Patrick on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:53 am

This has me quite pumped for the finale!
Patrick

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the.swiss.cheese on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:58 am

Oh snapskie! lolz Im excited :
the.swiss.cheese
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top