SERIES FINALE DISCUSSION~ [3x11]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SERIES FINALE DISCUSSION~ [3x11]

Post by MozillaChuckle on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:16 am

A Rather Large Bump in the Road - Season 3 - Episode 11 - Series Finale: "The Journey is the Destination"

In the rearing end of ARLBITR, the gang celebrates their graduation and prepares for their parting of ways. In doing so, everyone gets a good glimpse of their past, present, and future.

To finally be at this moment is so surreal on so many levels, but here is where we are! Thank you all for being a apart of this seven year journey with me. I hope you enjoy this finale, that resembles a time capsule, as much as I do.

Discuss away~~

Nathan and Haley - Opposites Attract
MozillaChuckle
Administrator
Administrator

Couple: : Root Admin
Registration date : 2006-09-16

View user profile http://mozillachuckle.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SERIES FINALE DISCUSSION~ [3x11]

Post by ItWillAlwaysBeThere on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:54 am

Crying or Very sad Wheewwww *puts down tissue box*

Okays, now that my bearings are put back together I can post my thoughts! Laughing Better late than never right?

I'll get into the episode as a whole, but first have to touch on even what the episode as a whole centered around ALOT. Dally/Jally. Amoung a lot of other factors, the first scene depicted that this was all coming down to Halle's final choice.

My screen name gives away my OTP, as being the beauty that is Jake and Halle. I fell in love with them and the finale had me falling in love with them all over again, but in a new way I didn't think would happen. So hear me out other Jally fans and even Dally ones, and you all in general. This was the most beautiful ending that Jally could have gotten, for me at least. It showed us quite well that it wasn't about who Halle picked as if it's some sort of game and Halle was just playing lotto or something. No...love doesn't work like that. Jake just knowing he would find Hal at their spot was like amazing. Jake in that moment I think represented the whole Jally fan base as we were all wondering since Halle broke up with him yet again if that meant they were nothing and just somehow a stepping stone towards Dally or whatever else. Halle's confirmation gave us all the answer we needed to get "Of course it was real, every minute of it was, you goof. Not being together doesn't change that." - Halle Joy. "Your right. It REALLY will always be there, together or not." - Jake Largo. That's what it all came down to in "The Journey is the Destination." these two answering that for each other set them free to go both do what they need to now. Halle and Dave fell in love with each other, madly, and had to forgive themselves to finally be together in THE RIGHIT WAY WITH NO LYING AND CHEATING. Halle finally forgave herself. Jake finally gained CONFIDENCE in himself, something he never had. He was guilt infested with shame from what happened with Ms. Jacobs, and Halle forgave him and learned the truth AND helped him report her. They set each other free to be fully happy, knowing it will always be there. I, again, could not have thought of a more perfect ending (other than them ending up together of course,) but I knew even from 2x14 at the end with that Dally scene that it was the direction the show would take.

That and the whole rest of the episode it the reason it was my favorite. It went back to what this series began as in the pilot. There were no contrived plots spun out last minute or out there cliffhangers that made it an unbalanced ending with no resolution like some shows (yes even sims ones i've seen,) like to pull sometimes.

Bravo! Like Dave said in the end, we all made it.
ItWillAlwaysBeThere

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am

@ Itwillalalwaysbethere, your a mod, so maybe you gotta kiss ass, but i thought this finale could have been a lot better in terms of story and just closure.

david knows i'm one to express my opinion since ravenlive, so don't anyone try and push me on this. i can express my views just like you all can.

the filming was the shit, like serious props to my boy for cranking it up! wish there would have been some of that mojo for the season 1 days for us oldies on here, but oh well. finally got it together and stopped being sloppy!

so let's get this straight; we're led to believe this WHOLE f'in time that jake and hally are engame and then it ends with her and dave? sure, they had some good scenes scattered through this season, but they were together all of what? 2 seconds in season 2? i feel like that first scene with hally's sister was pulled out of the ass and rewriting history. sure, it was believable that it could have happened, but we NEVER heard any mention's of dave liking hally before 2nd season when they started tutoring. i feel like this was thrown in to rewrite history and just support the current story instead of being consistent with what we've been given since the start. whatever tho. dave and hally's actual scenes in the finale were still good and it's not that i hate them or whatever, but it just didn't seem logical to me is all.

it's not even that andy's ordeal with daniel was inconsistent with a plot or not bellievable, but he f'in came out of nowhere! i didn't mind him coming in when he did and shaking things up. gave andy something different and i think made her grow up (or grown down for a bit that is lolz) but still to bring him back for the finale and then pair her up with him felt a bit too convient.

lizzy f'in gets around! first dave, then cody, and now jake. i like her. she brought some much needed comedy do all the drama in this small town. random with jake, yeah, but i actually liked it cause that's true to lizzy's nature. it's not like jake just threw himself at her. in the pool hall flashback he was messed up over hally and homegirl gave him some confidence. jake deserved it after yet again being squashed.

it just seemed too much that everyone's ending was THATTTT happy. felt kinda forced. i would have liked it better had stella being a monster and fucked with hally and rob instead like david said for an alternate ending. we needed something tragic in there.

i still claim liam's always be gay. he just seems gay. i would have floveddddddddddd it if dylan came back and liam just decided to be a G and be honest and be like yo rach im really gay and im leaving you to be who i really am. a good twist and realistic, as it happens all the time.

i was super duper excited to see jane and eric had gotten married.

as cheesy as it was, the ending with everyone's quotes and flashbacks was a really cool way to tie it off. maybe i shed a tear at that part. it saved the rest of the episode from the contrived parts.

okay rant over!

Jackson
Forum Member
Forum Member

Registration date : 2006-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom-4-Brooke on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:16 am

It came as no surprise to me that Dave was Halle's choice. It's been building since the start of second season, you guys. The way it all came about, even showing some of Hallle's internal conflict with it in the flashback, was all needed. Her FINALLY seeking Dave out on the peer and being like hey bitch, I actually am in love with you. Icing on the cake of an already great finale!!

What can I say? I really think is the most flawless episode we've gotten. It makes me miss it already. I am one of the few still on here who has been around since the beginning. To see Halle's sister again observing a moment that I'm guessing really happened took it back the way to the start for me. To begin the episode with that and the killers playing over it was just perfect.

Like always, each character had a bump in the road to face before they got to the finish line at the end...literally on the road haha. Andie had to see Kate and get closure, thus leading her to have the courage to follow her heart with the one she first loved from the beginning (even tho we didn't witness that beginning.) Halle had to make a choice on if she would forgive herself for the past and let herself fully be with Dave this time, and getting the family she always wanted. Rachel and Liam were getting to go TOGETHER this time to New York, the very thing that almost killed them the first time. AND NOW RACH IS PREGGERS!!! No more abortions, girly. Dave decided it was time he believed in himself enough to go after what he wanted, which was apperently the military. Who would have thought (love that he shared this with Andie at the beach fire, btw) and Jake was able to overcome all the stuff with Ms. Jacobs by being honest with someone he loves the most in the world (while getting closure with her at the same time,) and gain confidence enough in himself to be with someone like Lizzy.

The beach party was great! Wonderful scenes with all our favorites; the guy group, the ladies group, Rake (I seriously hope no one is still shipping them, but love their friendshiop,), Dandy, HALLE AND LIAM(!!),

Other than Rachel looking like an old woman in that sweater when holding her baby with Liam, they all landed exaxtly where they deserved to be. Watching freakin' slutty Ms. Jacobs getting cuffed was priceless! Wasn't expecting that at all. I honestly had no idea what to expeact. A part of me really did wonder if even though the break ups just happened, if another "oh my god it will always be there' moment was going to draw Jally back in and end with them. Which don't get me wrong, even I loved their moments in the finale and can appreciate the importance they brought to the show.

10/10!
Dom-4-Brooke
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflies21 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:25 am

I couldn't not come back here and say something about this blast from the past! Yessss arlbitr has revived from the dead once more, but apperently for good this time it looks like?

So happy to see familiar faces on here. Seems like only us long timer's came back to sap one last time :.lol:

I've always been one to love everything about this mellow dramatic sims series. It's crazy to think we love these little sims so much. But these stories seem so real. Okay now I'm rambling.

What struck me the most that everyone's essence of who they are was touched on and brought to light. What makes every character who they are was shown one more time. Getting taken back to the school where it all started in the pilot at Jake and Halle's oh so special spot. It takes me back to 2x12 when they were fighting and then to 3x01 when they're back together, and now this to say goodbye, but also hello at the same time.

I always rooted for them, but got just as hooked to Dave and Halle's romance when it started. Idk, there was just soemthing about the fact that they shouldn't be together, but felt so damn right! It was addicting to watch. No more mystery now though, as Halle made her choice. About timr girly.

Andie's visit with Kate and leaving with Daniel was most note worthy to me. I've always related to her as a chatacter in always doing what's expected of me and being the good tu shoes, but she found herself and her bless finally.

When that coda came rolling in and with the song OMGGGG I died, I literally died. You guys, that just sent me to who I was 7 years ago when I started watching this. I was in middle shool!!! I started watching slimjimjerky's what lies a head and then found this one when simstube was still up and just fell in love with it. There was a heart to it, and my damn, did this finale ever deliver to us what that heart was all about.

It's been real goons!
butterflies21
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down